Sport You Coach
Director of Sports Performance
How Long Have You Been Coaching
- 2014 University of Kentucky Men’s Basketball NCAA National Runner Up
- 2012 University of Kentucky Men’s Basketball NCAA National Champions 38-2
- 2007, 2009 & 2010 NCAA Tournament University of Minnesota Baseball
- 2010 Big Ten Conference Championship Team-Men’s Baseball University of Minnesota
- 2007 WCHA Conference Championship Team-Men’s Ice Hockey University of Minnesota
- 2004 & 2006 Conference USA Championship Team-University of Memphis Men’s Basketball
- 2000 & 1998 National Football Championship Team-Mount Union College
- Under Grad: Mount Union College Bachelor’s Degree in Exercise Science
- Grad School University of Memphis :Human Performance
Unique Facts About Yourself
Mike is a Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist through the NSCA, the world’s premier strength and conditioning certification. He has an extensive background working with athletes at every level including National Champions, World Champions and Gold Medalists.
Mike has trained a 1st Round Pick in all the Major Sports. During the 2006 season he worked with the Los Angeles Angeles Anaheim and was With the AA affiliate in Little Rock, AR during the baseball season. He was the Strength and conditioning Coach For the 2007, 2009, and 2010 University of Minnesota Baseball team who made the NCAA Tournament. He was also the Strength and conditioning Coach for the 2012 University of Kentucky Basketball National Champions.
Mike has coached over 30 NBA players including 2012 #1 Overall Pick Anthony Davis and #2 Overall Pick Michael Kidd-Gilchrist, Kevin Durant, Russel Westbrook, James Harden, Brandon Knight, Enes Kanter, Nerlens Noel, Willie Cauley-Stein, and Terrance Jones. Other Players include Randall Cobb, DeAngelo Williams, Stephen Gostkowski, Bud Dupree, Paul Martin, Thomas Vanek, Alex Goligoski, Blake Wheeler, Erik Johnson and Kyle Okposo.