Summer Training Schedule
We know it’s summer and the last thing you want to think about is school, but these classes we know you’ll actually enjoy attending! Starting July 8th, Ballyhoo Volleyball will be offering training sessions for athletes of all ages, abilities, and skill level. View complete class schedules and times on our Registration Page!
Levels of Play
Below are the various levels that we are offering summer programs. Each class has multiple sessions per week for athletes to attend. If you have questions on which level will be the best fit for your son/daughter, please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org. In most case, class size is limited so sign up early to ensure your spot. Early registration at discounted rates runs through June 1st!
- Elementary: Boys and girls entering grades 1st-4th. No previous playing experience is required.
- Intermediate: Boys and girls entering grades 5-6th. No previous playing experience is required.
- Intermediate Plus: Boys and girls entering grades 5-6th. Some previous playing experience is expected (club or school team, previous camp/clinic).
- Jr High: Boys and girls entering grades 7-8th. For athletes with little or no playing experience.
- Jr High Plus: Boys and girls entering grades 7-8th. For athletes who have multiple years of experience on a school and/or club team
- High School Prep: Boys and Girls entering the 9th grade. Previous playing experience is recommended but not required.
- High School: Girls entering grades 9th and 10th and expecting to compete at the ‘JV’ level this upcoming school season. Athletes should have some previous experience with a school and/or club team
- High School Plus: Girls entering grades 11th-12th and 10th graders expecting to compete at the ‘varsity’ level this upcoming school season. Athletes should have a strong background in the sport and multiple seasons of experience at the high school and/or club level.
- College Prep: Girls entering grades 10-12th with a strong desire to compete collegiately in the future. Athletes should have multiple years of high school and/or club experience.
Youth Summer Camp
Join us the week of August 5th-8th for our first ever youth summer camp! This camp is designed to teach and train volleyball fundamentals to young athletes, both boys and girls, in grades 1st-8th. Younger players will learn skills with the use of the ‘volleylite’ and ‘first touch’ volleyballs, lower nets, and sometimes modified court sizes to help learn how to play with correct technique and fundamentals. Throughout the week, each of the six main volleyball skills will be focused on: passing, setting, attacking, serving, blocking, and digging. Each camper will receive a Ballyhoo Volleyball t-shirt at the end of the week!
There will be two sessions based upon age:
- Boys and Girls Entering Grades 1st-5th: 6:00-7:30 PM
- Boys and Girls Entering Grades 6th-8th: 7:30-9:00 PM
Sign up now on our Registration Page
Individual & Small Group Lessons
Individual & small group sessions are a way to work on specific skills and techniques in an insolated environment. While individual/private lessons are a great way to develop a player’s skill set, small group sessions can be just as (if not more) beneficial because of the nature of the sport and the interaction of the players.
All sessions are an hour long and are by appointment only. To schedule an individual or small group session, email email@example.com and include the number of athletes, the skill(s)/technique to work on, & contact information.
Individual & Small Group Lessons Pricing
- Private: $35 Ballyhoo member, $45 non-Ballyhoo member
- 2 Athletes: $25 per Ballyhoo member, $35 non-Ballyhoo member
- 3-4 Athletes: $20 per Ballyhoo member, $30 non-Ballyhoo member
Our training programs are designed to increase overall athletic performance and decrease your risk of injury. Athletes will work with our experienced Sports Performance team to develop flexibility, strength, balance, agility and core stability. Our programs are specifically tailored to the needs of the athlete. Sports Performance sessions will teach functional athletic movements for improving coordination and body control always emphasizing correct technique.
For questions regarding Sports Performance please contact Mike Malone, Director of Sports Performance, at Mike.Malone@hhgr.com or (717) 757-4833 Ext 3031.